Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is it FMS, Arthritis or what?

I saw my rheumatologist Friday my knee has been bothering me and he has been giving me cortisone and torridal shots in the knee to help with the inflammation and pain. However, since this shot only lasted a couple of weeks he is having an ex-ray taken and will more than likely send me to an Orthopedic Surgeon for consultation. The rheumatologist said I may have to have ultraskopic surgery or a knee replacement. I told him my hands had been hurting me more than usual too. They hurt when I do my needlework and use the computer or play the DS games. Using the computer or knit/crochet never bothered me much before. I thought it might be the arthritis but he said he thinks it may be the FMS. I looked at him and said, “You know I can’t tell any more if my problems and pain is from the FMS, Arthritis or my spine. He said most of the time he can’t either he has to just treat one and if it works we got the right one if not we try one of the other treatments for the other problems.
I should be use to this but I am not. They waited months to do my last back surgery because I have so many problems in my spine they needed to know which was causing the most problems because they can’t Fix it ALL. UGH. Of course, now I also have problems with scar tissue as well.
I have felt better these last few weeks than I have felt in months probably years. Even my family notices the difference. Now this. I kind of knew or suspected this would be the case with my knee one day but not this soon. What I didn’t expect was the urologist telling me I had to have a 3D cat scan of my kidney to see if I have more stones or scar tissue for the last stone and blockage. It will also tell him if the kidney has gone to normal size or not. Back in Oct of 2008 I had a 10mm kidney stone that had to be removed. Apparently I had had it for a while but because I have back pain never felt it until it was way low. The stone had blocked the kidney so it had swollen past normal size. I guess they are thinking since the kidney didn’t go to normal size after the stone was removed it may have scar tissue blocking it from draining normally. Now I wasn’t prepared for that and could feel my whole demeanor change. I was very cranky the next day. I decided I’m not going to worry about it and I won’t let them do anything until I return from my trip. PERIOD!! I haven’t seen my daughter, grandsons and son-in-law in at least 4 years. So I’m’ going. I need to go.
My weekend was good. I watched my other grandson’s all weekend and they were prefect. Yes, they seem to feel o.k. LOL It was very nice and we enjoyed each other. They took turns playing a game they all like, then one played on his computer and the other is building a Lego tower. I worked on this mid-month dish cloth and played on my computer, fixed the lunch and laughed with them.
I’m not looking for sympathy I just want people to know that those of us who look perfectly healthy may not be. I’m not. I’m not dying but I have problems even though you can’t see them. I even have a handicap placard I don’t need people giving me attitude for using it or moving slow, crossing the street slow. I do the best I can and if you can’t see it I can’t help you. After all stupid doesn’t show either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment with no bad language please.

doc4dolls

doc4dolls
Experienced at knitting, Crochet & repairing.