Sunday, March 29, 2009

Painting Dressing Table and More

Well, I finally painted the dressing table given to me by my parents. This table has history at least for me. When we moved into my parents home in 1959 this table had been left behind. I can remember brushing my hair, 100 strokes, each night. My sister and I use to do our hair and makeup at this table. I was nine when we moved in and am 60 now so it is a bit of an anitque. I enlisted the help of my nine year old grandson to help paint it and we had a lot of fun. I only have to finish a small area on the mirror. I want to put a mosaic on the top. No it won't ruin the anitque of it as it is only worth something to me. It was made of many types of wood so I doubt it has value other than memories for me.
My six year old grandson was upset he didn't get to help so he and I painted a little box he and his mother had bought at the craft store. He just loves boxes and puts his little treasures in. He thought it was great to be able to paint his box whatever color he wanted. I mostly watched and did a little touch up. He was very proud. I will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment with no bad language please.

doc4dolls

doc4dolls
Experienced at knitting, Crochet & repairing.