Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love Knitting!!



I'm a needle crafter!
I have been knitting for 46 years and love it. I make all kinds of things and have been learning how to do multiple double point knitting. I love the new yarns that are available. Most are soft, some fluffy, colorful and one can make all kinds of things with the new yarns there is always something new to learn and/or to do. New yarns, new patterns are always coming out as well as new techniques, styles and materials. I tried the new needles that light up. Great for in the dark, car or outside on a dreary day but the ones I love are the Harmony wood needles. Yes, they are beautiful but oh my what a delight to knit with. I have to try the crochet hooks now. Thanks to my son I have straights and circular knitting needles...I only use the 14" straight other than harmony because I don't have those...yet.

I also like to crochet. I've made hats, purses, bedspreads, scarf, shawls, shrugs and slippers. I also like to do other things such as: Sewing, I've turned old jeans into vests, sewn clothing for my family, made household decor.
Crafts are fun and therapeutic. It can chase the blues away, help one forget physical pain and you have something wonderful to keep or give away. I'd love to say I make money doing it but so far that is not the case. I love it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment with no bad language please.

doc4dolls

doc4dolls
Experienced at knitting, Crochet & repairing.